- 1,768 homes
- 6,870 jobs
- Investment £272.2m (LGF ask £26.4)
Read Our Deal Documentation
- The Joint Area Action Plan (JAAP), developed by the neighbouring authorities of Southend-on-Sea Borough Council and Rochford District Council, outlines the plans for the development of 99,000 sq.m of commercial floorspace at a new business park adjacent to London Southend Airport
- The newly expanded airport is located also located in the JAAP area and has benefitted from significant investment in recent years which has delivered an extended runway, new terminal building, railway station and hotel
- The business park will be home to the Anglia Ruskin MedTech Campus with the wider business park expected to attract businesses including aviation and advanced engineering, financial and business support services and cultural and creative industries
- The transport package supporting this development includes site access and junction improvements.
- Improvements to the A127 will be integral to these works to enable growth.